[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
HaruhiSuzumiya.net • View topic - Last Anime You Watched/Anime You Are Currently Watching

Last Anime You Watched/Anime You Are Currently Watching

True otaku don't just stick to just one anime. Chat about any other favorite anime or manga series here

Moderators: The Dream, devious_sos, SOStmohs, YukiPwns00

Re: Last Anime You Watched/Anime You Are Currently Watching

Postby YukiPwns00 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:44 pm

You're talking about Sakamichi no Apollon, right? I'm going to be watching that soon. The plot synopsis almost instantly grabbed me.
The fates are vicious and they're cruel. You learn too late you've used two wishes like a fool.
YukiPwns00
SOS Moderator

Postby Ranzis » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:06 am

ClassifiedInfo wrote:
Gunslinger6989 wrote:You want another show that's cheesy and old? I'd suggest watch rose of versailles.

Rose of Versailles has the greatest split fanbase ever between people who like it as a grand romantic epic....and people who like it in a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 kind of way.

I just finished Chihayafuru, and I'm split between "There must be another series!" and "But the ratings sucked so they won't make one". In the end I think they did the right thing by not closing it off, I feel as though I'd rather have an unfinished series than one which put in some crack ending to give a sense of closure (the manga is long as well, 15 volumes, they never could have got it finished in a 26 episode series).

The sales were below the anime saving line...which is pretty bad.
Japanese must have bad tastes or something, or else they hate karuta.
Either way, it was a great anime to watch for that season, and I hope they make a season 2.
Ranzis
Detective Prince

Postby smilewolfy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:39 pm

thoughts on final episode of shakugan no shana

it totally made up for the boring last few episodes :D And Hirai coming back, OMG that was so great, I loved her even though she got like, 2 episodes XD hmm, and having the ending song from season 1 inserted, was totally the right thing to do :D aww, now I want more episodes about Hirai :((
All hail the return of Ryoko Asakura.
Perfect
smilewolfy
SOS Brigade Leader

Postby Obliivion » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Currently watching High School of the Dead. On episode 4.
Obliivion
Clubroom Furniture

Postby Gunslinger6989 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:54 am

VERY happy to see this happen. Good for NIS, they always seem to do a good job.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... w-that-day
ImageImageImage
Gunslinger6989
SOS Brigade Leader

Postby ClassifiedInfo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:53 am

Good Anime Appeals to Western Audience Shocker.
ClassifiedInfo
Senpai

Postby ShadowInkSOS » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:25 am

I finished watching Another
The deaths were pretty cool but over all it was eh
If people try bring you feel hurt without you doing something bad to them, speak up and do something about it no matter how much they do to justify.
ShadowInkSOS
Yuki's Husband

Postby YukiPwns00 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Gunslinger6989 wrote:VERY happy to see this happen. Good for NIS, they always seem to do a good job.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... w-that-day

Hmm...interesting. I was hoping for an English release, though, but that could come later. Sometimes anime that is first released sub-only is released in English later on.
The fates are vicious and they're cruel. You learn too late you've used two wishes like a fool.
YukiPwns00
SOS Moderator

Postby HKMBrigadier » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:57 pm

I just finished Soranowoto.

I don't have a whole lot to say, but the serene beauty of the series puts it up there as a new favorite. To be honest, I wasn't expecting something so...profound.
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you."
HKMBrigadier
SOS Brigade Consultant

Postby kFYatek » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Just finished re-watching Sora no Woto.

This show really doesn't get as much love as it deserves. It has everything a good show should have - amazing setting, interesting story, good comedy when justifiable, touching (though a bit unbelievable) ending, good visuals, and a soundtrack which is one of the nicest I've ever heard in anime. Yet, it isn't too popular neither in Japan (volume 1 first week sales: about 3500, compare: Haruhi 28729, Angel Beats 34857, K-On 40452, Madoka 62027) nor in the West (lists on 10th out of 14 pages on the US Crunchyroll when ordered by popularity; 387th by popularity on MAL).

Yet, I enjoyed it even more than two years ago when I first watched it. It's a really great series. I can recommend it pretty much to everyone... maybe except some devoted cultural purity fanatics, if there are any.
kFYatek
SOS Brigade Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Other Series: Manga/Anime