Home » light novels

Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya “Last in the Series” Error

23 February 2013 15 Comments

Amazon has listed the North American release of the Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya as part of their titles available in 2013, but made a little boo-boo in the pre-order page. The original description says that the novel is the last in the series, but most Haruhi fans would know that neither the author Nagaru Tanigawa or publisher Kadokawa Shoten has made any indications of this during the Japanese release of the novel.

The Haruhi Suzumiya Series comes to a close with this tenth and final adventure for Haruhi and the S.O.S. Brigade.
The two storylines from The Disassociation of Haruhi Suzumiya continue, introducing a new inductee into the S.O.S. brigade who may be more than just the eager freshman she appears to be. As the two realities converge, the SOS Brigade learns that the new member may have the ability to bring the two story “timelines” together-and save the world in the process.

The English translation of the Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya will be available on November 19th, 2013 and published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Although published in Japan as two volumes, the North American version will have both comprised in one volume.

Update: Yen Press Publishing Director Kurt Hassler replied to ANN’s inquiry about the Amazon listing’s description that The Surprise of Haruhi SIzumiya was the last in the series, noting that: “any indication that [The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya] was the final installment of the series was in error and will be corrected accordingly.” Hassler added that “As for the further continuation of the series, we have no knowledge as to the author and publisher’s plans going forward and as fans ourselves can only hope to see it continue into the future!”

Original source: ANN. If you have Haruhi-related news or media to share, send it in through our Haruhi Tracker.

• AK47AnimeGamez said:

HOLY MOTHER****ING SHIT!!!!!!!!
    I JUST GOT A NEWS THIS ANIME WILL BE ****NG DISCONTINUED!!!!!
    RIP : SUZUMIYA

• Lobokendo said:

In the update it has Suzumiya misspelled. Just saying something about it seeing as this is probably the wrong site to misspell it on.

• orichic51 said:

@AK47AnimeGamez

That’s old news, like a year old. Aya Hirano screwed it up for everyone so they decided to pull the plug.

• Cheeze said:

Let’s hope that’s just an honest mistake…

• ALL OPPOSE VIACOM!!!!!!!!!! said:

VIACOM WILL RULE ALL OVER THE INTERNET SO WE MUST STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!! WHO’S WITH ME!!!!!!!!

• ALL OPPOSE VIACOM!!!!!!!!!! said:

VIACOM WILL RULE EVERYTHING ALL OVER THE INTERNET SO WE MUST STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!! WHO’S WITH ME!!!!!!!!

• Maiku Tsukino said:

Aya wasn’t the only problem Season 3 has run into. Kadokawa Studio had some management problems and “differences”. And their decision on how to portray “Endless Eight” didn’t win many fan’s hearts for Season Two. Anyone who claimed to be an Aya fan before her infamous scandal and then dropped her just because she proved she’s human had no right to call themselves fans. Season 3 anime is not completely out of Kadokawa Studio’s minds however. Tanigawa is having a blast with the manga series of his light novels and the other manga’s: The Melancholy of Haruhichan, The Disappearance of Yukichan, and the one that’s a little “unique”: The Misfortune of Hyon and Koizumi. He isn’t going to let the story die that easy so just relax and wait for it. Fans want it and that means money for all involved- Kadokawa can’t turn their backs on that.

• google keyword atlantic tool and die said:

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a
    comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Bless you!

Feel free to visit my website :: google keyword atlantic tool and die

• E.m said:

I still want season 3 :(

• E.m said:

Maybe its too late for me coz i just finished the anime last month as well as the movie, is there anyone here still hoping for the third season of haruhi suzumiya??

• Freight forwarder miami to venezuela said:

Hello there! I could haѵe ѕworn I’ve been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it’s new to
    mе. Anyways, I’m definitely glaԁ I found it and I’ll be
    bookmаrking and checking bak often!

Also visit my sіte … Freight forwarder miami to venezuela

• Call of Duty Ghosts Hack | COD Ghosts Hack said:

Thаnks for finally tаlking about > Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya

• Lena said:

I actually seem to go along with every aspect
    that was posted within “Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya

• skin lightening products reviews said:

3Go online: Before obtaining a new brand of skin lightening cream,
    analysis online. However, a lightening skin cream
    is often considered to be the most effective choice, plus it
    may mostly assist inside generating our skin glow. There are numerous people around who are certainly frustrated with the complexion plus tone of their skin.
    There are of course several reasons for which skin tones can get darkened plus a few of the main factors include pigmentation, exposure to sunlight,
    or excessive concentration of melanin. For instance, Ambi,
    Palmer’s Fade Success Cream and Artra will all be found inside the
    drugstore plus these bleaching treatments are marketed especially to individuals of color.
    If you’re unsure of that skin bleaching product to receive when at the
    drugstore, ask the salesclerk for recommendations plus provide because countless details because possible regarding your skin’s
    requires. Additionally keep in your mind which the clerk at the drugstore can not
    be too knowledgeable of skin bleaching goods so it would
    be a good idea to analysis the different brands found on the Internet before buying a certain product.
    Another place to consider is a neighborhood wellness foods shop.
    I decided to obtain something stronger and different.
    Off to the Ulta shop I went, I didn’t understand what product I was going to purchase, however, I knew they would have several.

Ulta did have a range of skin lightening treatments to choose from.
    I started to worry I would purchase the incorrect

• smiley said:

@Maiku Tsukino great analysis. Thanks for calming people down.

Season 3 had a lot of problems that kept it from coming into formation. I have heard that the Anime is basically advertising for the Manga. And with the writer putting Haruhi on hold for awhile, there was no reason financially for a third Anime series because the manga’s were not coming out at a constant pace.

Ultimately, there is a huge Haruhi fan base and the movie was super popular. Having people wait for the third installment only creates more anticipation, to a certain extent. I believe the third season will come, but it wont be for a while. There are too many die hard fans and demand for a third season not to be produced.