Home » game

New The Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya Trailer for PSP/PS3

13 December 2010 37 Comments

A recent trailer was released for the upcoming ‘The Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya’ game coming out in Japan for the Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable. The game is set in the parallel world of ‘The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya’ movie. The story is a continuation of the end of the film. The player assumes the role of Kyon as he finds himself at the Kita High School Festival again in a world where the SOS Brigade does not exist. The trailer is in Japanese but features several impressive 3D-rendered scenes featuring some of our favorite SOS Brigade characters. No news has been released regarding whether the game will be made available internationally at this point.

Thanks to Woun for sending in the news tip. If you have Haruhi-related news or media to share, send it in through our Haruhi Tracker.

• Mird said:

Will this music always get to me…

• Zagreus said:

If they rlease this internationally, I will happily buta PS3

• Vic said:

Gah! They used the “Gymnopedies no.1″ instrumental again! Bandai sure knows which of my buttons to push XD

Everything looks first class and the storyline seems to be perfect. Gosh, I want this game so badly! Its a shame we don’t know whether they’ll be internationalizing it or not. Even so… its not like I’ve got a PS3 >.>

• rainstrife said:

I hope the game makes it over seas. I think it would succeed it sales.

• ~Spark~ said:

I’m totally buying this if it makes it over seas.

• Ryukrieger said:

I don’t think this game can make it international, since anime-based games are usually limited in Japan, and the Western (Europe, American) and some Eastern (China, etc), some or even a large number of them/us don’t like anime and Japan’s stuff for some reason.
    As you can see, even some small Japanese games can’t make it outside Japan, and can only have fan-translation thanks to the fans.

• TheCrimsonFireball said:

im going to buy this game when there’s a english translation but years have to pass before that happens

• Kyon245 said:

I’m going to try to get the Japanese version, and mayby find a program to translate it with….

• Jacomelo said:

Sweet! I am really surprised how well the art was in there! It looks just like the anime except with more fluid movements. :)
    I will gladly buy this online, but does anyone know if PS3′s are region locked?

• Kyon said:

No. The PS3 isn’t region locked.

• Jacomelo said:

okie dokie! thanks Kyon! i will either get the game or wait for someone else to get it and post videos on youtube.

• Ondere said:

WOW the scene where Haruhi runs away from the railroad looks real… time to study japanese and buy a ps3 hahaha

• Tchi said:

I like their expressionless faces. :3

• Ryukrieger said:

Hm… yes, I think anyone with good English should go and study Japanese since these days… Japaneses are making great stuff and we can’t rely on Fan-translations for every, can we? ^^!

And I think this game isn’t going to get on YouTube anytime soon, we might just have to wait about half a year before anyone decide to post this up with English titles (or you just have to search in Japanese a month after it came out).

And have to wait just about that time for any translation team to put effort in it, but a PS3 game, isn’t going to be easy to translate and code… I think, but it might be easier than I think.

• Kyon245 said:

I think its easier for people to translate the psp version. I found a video on youtube once of some program that would subtitle the text of any game you conect to it, athough I have never tried it, and knowing what it does it probably takes long. It would be easier translating with the psp since you can just conect it strait to your computer.

• Survivorman said:

This is like a dream come true.

The graphical style, the amazing music from the movie ( thank you Erik Satie for the beautiful music ), story seems interesting, everything just comes together.

I don’t even care that I can’t fully understand Japanese. I am getting this no matter what!

• Mr Chacha said:

Hello, my dear students!

Hello year 8 and 9!

I’m maths teacher Mr Chacha…

So do your homework now!!!!!

1000000000000000 pages of maths history!

So in tommorow bring it PLEASE!

Thankx for lisening…. or reading….

Mr Chacha [maths teacher not an elephant]

P.S. Taylor 999999999999999999999999 cheks….

• Ryukrieger said:

@Kyon245: Yes, I apologize for forgetting the PSP, it indeed is easier to translate the PSP version, I’ve seen many Japanese PSP games translations before.
    And of course, the PS3 version has higher quality while the PSP version has less.
    But well, the PSP version is worth getting since it’ll still be a Haruhi game, and depend on the game’s length, it might take a few months to a year for a team to translate.

• rox said:

only in japan could they make a commercial with people only standing around or sitting, and still have its fans traveling to japan to order it

• Survivorman said:

Can someone tell me how to download those PS3 themes they show at the end of the trailer?

• Asat said:

Will this be the same as the disappearance of yuki nagato spin off?

• stefanfun3 said:

will it be available for europe or usa? or just asia

• DaBonehead93 said:

Yeah, this is looking great! The visuals are fantastic (somethin’ about Kyon’s pants and scarf…JESUS), the characters look exactly like the show (wow, didn’t think the 3D would work so well for ‘em), and a little bit of Erik Satie for the music gets me everytime (first time I saw the trailer for the movie…man, the music was great).

It looks fantastic, but I’m not quite sure if it’s comin’ overseas. That’d be really lucky, and not to mention the best thing ever. If it takes one step into America I’m gonna’ get it.

…that’s right, I don’t have a PS3.
    Heck, I’ll get it out of support alone!

• Times said:

it seems like there are a lot of fans that wants to know what would happen if Kyon didnt press the “Enter” button.. is like the author now doing this to show what would have happened if he didnt press it? showing an alternative ending?

• N.K JHON SMITH said:

KYON245
    PLEASE DO IT I HELP YOU IN WHATEVER WAY I CAN SO PLEASE THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO THE WORLD WE NEED THAT GAME FOR ALL THE OTAKUS AND FANS OF SUXUMIYA HARUHI!

• N.K JHON SMITH said:

OE KYON245 HOW CAN I HAVE THE TRANSALATION ONCE IS DONE ??AND WHICH TEAM IS GONNA DO IT??

• Takano said:

Man, this game looks awesome. I’d buy a PS3 just so that I can play this game if it gets an English translation. Or I’ll just stick with the PSP I got and get it for that. Animations look good, music goes without saying; Honestly, this is looking very promising so far.

As for the trailer, Gymnopedie No. 1 for the BGM again? Man, hearing it in the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya seemed awesome, and now in this new game? Even more awesome!

• SoulFace said:

-sigh- Either i have to learn Japanese or i’m just gonna wait for an english patch to come out.

Anyway, this website really needs a translation team for all these haruhi games.

• ronelm2000 said:

Well the Promise of Haruhi is nearly done… GAH! Someone needs to get this damn game translated! I need to see more of the Haruhi plotz

• PS3dude said:

guys…..is there a jailbreak version of this game?…also is it works on 3.55 kneaw fix???…if there’s then i will give 99999999 cookies or maybe cendol(kaskuser only)

• PS3dude said:

No virus, trojan and any other crap….. :)

• guide to dragonvale breeding said:

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand
    your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic.
    I actually like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are saying
    and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to
    keep it sensible. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually
    a great site.

• dragonvale free said:

I think the admin of this site is really working hard for his web
    page, because here every material is quality based data.

• twitter password cracker free online said:

My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a variety of websites for
    about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all
    my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• dragonvale hack said:

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that
    I’ve really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After
    all I will be subscribing on your feed and I’m hoping you write again soon!

• Adalberto said:

“New The Reminiscence of Haruhi Suzumiya Trailer for PSP/PS3 |
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” truly causes me personally
    imagine a little bit extra. I actually treasured every
    individual component of it. Thanks a lot -Manual

Also visit my blog :: Adalberto

• poptropica membership said:

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really
    know what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly
    also talk over with my website =). We can have a link alternate contract among us